Monday, October 21, 2013

Better Together: Fun in the Classroom

Good Monday morning!  It's time for my second-ever Better Together link-up.  I think October is a tough time for lots of teachers-- the honeymoon period is over, and it's a long month with really no breaks.  To get us through it, this month's focus is on fun in the classroom.  Please link up with me to share ideas for making the classroom more fun (for the students and for us)!




One of my favorite fun lesson plans is something I do every year: I have my students re-write the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet with a twist . . . and then perform them!  My students never fail to put together fantastic skits with lots of humor and cheek.  I've had so many fun versions:

  • Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne
  • a kitten and a puppy (Wherefore art meow?)
  • Jersey Shore
  • Duck Dynasty
  • Honey Boo-Boo
  • "band geeks" from opposing bands (My heart beats faster than a metronome for you!)
  • two teachers from our county (who really are married, and the parents of one of my students)
I love this lesson plan, not only because it guarantees lots of laughs and an entertaining class period or two, but also because it forces the kids to look more closely at that scene than they otherwise ever would.

Please share!  Link up below through next Monday and share your favorite fun lesson plan.  I look forward to seeing them all!  Remember- we are better together.









 photo signature_zpsbe0f1799.png

No comments: