Friday, August 16, 2013

Classroom Tour 2013



My classroom is officially ready for kids-- which is good, because they'll be there, ready or not, on Wednesday!  Take a peek:






I'm ready for my close-up . . . 

Entryway

teacher resources shelving

entryway shelving


FREE adorable supply labels 
courtesy of Shari Abbey on TeachersPayTeachers

classroom library
Front Wall

front whiteboard/SmartBoard area

paperwork/forms for students



homework board

daily schedule
1- How sweet is my Día de los Muertos calacas?
2- Check out ol' Willy Shakes watching from the closet door- he's my homeboy!

My Desk Area


my desk and student-conference chair

I was told to put a lamp in my room for years-- never listened.  I finally did a week or so ago, and I'm in love!  It's so cozy.

Resources I need constantly- lesson plans, reference books, commonly-used teacher guides and games.  To the right is my "snack stash" and to the left is the organizer where I store ready-to-go copies and papers that need returning.


The kids love this big calendar on my desk- they're always quick to remind me when a new month rolls around!


The Far Side
File cabinets (with top drawer reserved for students to turn things in) and student-needs center.

My little-used podium- I bought this beautiful weaving in Costa Rica.




This table will soon hold novel sets and/or mail crates; right now, it's full of school supplies I scavenged during locker clean-out in May (for parents who need a little help with school shopping).

I know two things that could make my room even nicer:
1- kids!
2- an apple-cinnamon candle (but, Mr. Principal and Mr. Fire Marshal, I learned my lesson.  Promise.)

Are you posting a classroom tour on your blog?  Please share in the comments!

Open House Week

No comments: