Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day Fun

Just finished up my fifth 1st day of school.  Shew!  I am exhausted and starved, but it was wonderful.  Here's why:

1. I am teaching one class of English 10 this year, and since I teach all the freshmen, they were all familiar.  It was fun to already know some names (and personalities) on Day 1.  

2. I am also beyond excited about teaching newspaper for the first time.  Lots of fun!

3. I introduced my expectations and procedures with memes- similar to this pin on Pinterest.  Seriously, SO FUN.

4. The kids actually laughed at my memes.  Score!

5.  I asked kids to draw me an "entertaining picture" if they finished their bell-ringer student survey early.  These happened:









I love these kids.  Happy New School Year!


 photo signature_zpsbe0f1799.png

No comments: